Thursday, May 30, 2013

Chapter 103 - May 21, 2013

Hi everybody. I'm gonna call this blog, "Everyone's Different." And I'm gonna dedicate it to my friend who's no longer with us. An Australian friend.

Well, another week goes by. I'll tell you, this adjustment in medication really kicks my ass. You know, some people pay good money to feel like this. I keep slurring my words. But, it's doing it's job. It keeps seizures at bay. Stress and anxiety are my enemies and they will trigger a seizure. But, you know, after a couple of weeks, I'll adjust to the medication. Some people take longer. Everyone's different.

I had some more water therapy this week, but it's ended now. Medicare has put a cap on people's spending. So, all of you out there who are going through the same thing, just be careful. I had a lot to tell you guys, but I forgot it, so let's just move on to some stories.

The following story takes place in Sydney Australia. My friend and I were wearing Elton John sunglasses and we were waiting to meet the Queen of England. We were jumping up and down saying, "The Queen, The Queen." And she looked at us with some evil eyes. It was "The Stare." My friend was cool. She wasn't, but you know what? If two dudes looked at me with Elton John sunglasses jumping up and down yelling "The Queen," I'd say, "Back the fuck!" up as well. She was actually very nice. My friend here will include a photograph of the event when I find it.

Oh yeah, the cartoons from the previous two blogs are from a camping trip I did with my father. 30 years ago he made a promise to me we'd go camping and he finally came through. Better late than never. Anyway, I'll tell you some more stories.

You know, I went to a school called RIT. It was great for photography, but they also had a school for the deaf. It was a federally funded institution. The dorms were real nice. Anyway, I'll get to the point in a few minutes. I applied to RIT really late so they couldn't find me any housing. They stuck me in a fraternity. I had to share a room with a guy who was a body builder on steroids. Our desks faced each other so we would see each other all the time. I had a nervous tick back then that any rabbit would be proud of. Anyway, one day we were studying and he was staring at me. My nose started twitching more and more because I was nervous. Finally he stood up, slammed one fist on the desk, pointed at my nose and said, "If you don't fucking stop that fucking tick, I'm gonna fucking knock it off your face." It scared me so much, it shocked the tick right away. From that day on, I never had a nervous tick. I had to clean my shorts, but I didn't have the tick anymore.

My other past life in the fraternity was this: across the hall there was a speed freak. The guy used to take speed all the time. Anyway, the guy would also study in the lounge down the hall. I used to call his room and just before he'd get to the phone I'd hang up. It drove him crazy. One day I called him like 5 times in a row. The guy lost it on the last call. He ripped the phone out of the wall. He was very amusing.

I'll go back to the dorms for the deaf. I complained to housing about having to live in a fraternity so they stuck me in the hearing impaired dorm. I thought, this will be great. It will be quiet. I'll get a lot of work done. The rooms are nice. Fantastic. Well, the first night I was drifting off to sleep when I heard a noise coming from the dorm next door. It sounded like a truck hitting a coyote and dragging it down the road. I jumped up, ran out into the hall and then went to the room next to mine. The noise was unbelievable. I started pounding on the door. Then I realized, "What am I doing. The guy is deaf." Then I look to the right. There was a doorbell. It was a strobe light that went off. All of a sudden the noise stopped. The door opened and there was a guy wrapped in a towel. He said, "What the fuck do you want?" I said, "Are you OK?" He said, "I'm having sex with my girlfriend. I'll put some music on," and he shut the door. I thought, well, that was weird. I went back to my room As I was lying in bed, I thought, music? The guy's deaf. Then all of a sudden I heard it. KC and the Sunshine Band blasting. And more sex. What the deaf students did was they would put the speakers in the corners of the room. Turn the bass all the way up, turn the treble all the way down. They could feel the music. The music stopped about 4 am. I drifted off to sleep when I heard a door shut. Mind you, the rooms, like three of them, all shared one bathroom. I heard the door shut, then I heard a bathroom stall shut. Then I heard "urgghhhhhu" really loud. Mind you the deaf students aren't aware of any noise they're making. The guy was in the bathroom making noises you can't even make up. And that was only room 1. This went on for a couple of hours.  The place was the noisiest place you can imagine. You see, the kids there have been looked after all their lives. When they were given a little freedom and independence, they took it and went wild. They were finally free to do whatever they wanted. And what was that? Well, they did things like fill a garbage can full of water and lean it against my door so when I opened the door I'd get drenched. They did things like fill a record jacket full of talcum powder and slide it under my door and beat on it. My entire room filled with white powder. They would have fire extinguisher fights. They would throw water on each other and scream. It was like the wild wild west. This happened like every night. I discovered though that one of our teammates, a runner, was on my floor in the deaf dorm.  He was very good. He was like our secret weapon. We would find the opposing team's best runner and we would instruct my hearing impaired friend/runner to run right next to him. He would break the opponent's concentration. You see, the hearing impaired runner runs really heavy. Slaps his feet and breathes really hard. It would freak people out. But he often won. He was good. And he would help us as well by breaking the other guy's concentration. We worked together.

I remember now what I wanted to share with you guys. You know, I was having a little bitch session with my dad. I was complaining about something. It's not easy being like this, but he said, "OK, let's look at it differently. Just pretend you're a king. You're Louis the 14th. You have people brush your teeth. You have people feed you." You know, it all depends on how you look at it. So I just pretend I'm Louis the 14th. I still can't find a good hair dresser though.

Anyway, I'll talk to you guys next week. Love, B. Nice





No comments:

Post a Comment