Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chapter 112 - July 30, 2013

Hi you guys. I'm just gonna jump right into it. A few fashion confessions. I used to shoot all the time in Miami. All of the location vans would be lined up outside the hotels. One day I went out, got into the location van, grabbed a coffee, had some breakfast, got the New York Times, sat down, started reading. The models came in with hair and make-up. I said good morning and continued reading. then I looked up and was getting coffee I thought, that's not my assistant. Then looked around. I thought, I don't know any of these people. I said to the van driver, "Who are you working for?" He said, "I don't know. It's some German catalog." I thought, oh my god, I'm in the wrong location van. I quickly got up, got my stuff together, oh, and I grabbed my coffee. It was good coffee. Grabbed the NYTimes and went out to my location van.

Another time I was working in Napa Valley. The producer said that breakfast would be downstairs in a conference room in the morning. Well, I went to the conference room downstairs. There was a great breakfast set up. I thought to myself, this is fantastic. They had blueberry waffles, a nice chef there to make omlettes. You get the picture. It was a great set up. Then people started coming in. I said, "No no, this is a private function. I'm sorry, this is not for you. This is a photoshoot." And then the producer came in and said to me, "Look, you're in the wrong spot. Our breakfast is down the hall on the left." I said, "Ok." I got my stuff together, went to our conference room. Looked at the breakfast. It was box cereal and bad coffee. I thought, this must be the spot. At least they had Captain Crunch.


You know, our shoots did bring us to some amazing houses. It was fun going to new locations and checking out some of the houses. One time I was in Santa Barbara, CA. We were shooting in a big celebrity's house. Anyway, I decided to have a look around. I was shooting outside only, so I looked through the window of the kitchen to see how it was decorated. Well, I looked through the window and it looked like the decorator threw up. It was so tacky. I said to the art director, "Oh my god. You'd think someone famous like this would have at least a little taste. It looked like shit inside. Come and have a look." And then I looked through the window down to the right, there was the famous actor reading. He didn't look too happy.


Another time I was in Hawaii looking at houses. One house I went to was amazing. Apparently, Frank Lloyd Wright designed a house for Marilyn Monroe, but before the house could be built she died. So basically, someone found the plans and built the house. It was pretty cool. It was like a big boat. Not many people can say they saw a house like that. Anyway, it was pretty cool. I got to see some pretty cool stuff.


I guess I'll talk a little bit about Traumatic Brain Injury. These past two weeks, my daughter has been here. I hadn't seen her for like six months, so it's been amazing to hang out with her. It's amazing how quickly kids grow up. She's only 7 now. Just the other day she asked me for my car keys. Just kidding. But it does put a little strain on me. Between her and what I'm going through, it's kind of tough, but I manage.


You know, everything I say is kind of redundant. I kind of keep repeating myself so I think I might stop this blog on this final chapter. I'll do another blog with my friend here. She'll include my next adventure. (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/my-point-of-view--3 - Feel free to contribute.) But, I think it's about time to put this blog to rest. Just a few things; when times get really tough, I remember what Winston Churchill said, "When you're going through Hell, keep going." Remember what Chuck said to me, "Do what you love." And I remember what my father says to me, "Attain childhood. Life is like a big circle, and follow your intuition." And I remember what my mother says to me, "But you're still alive. Do what you can do." And then, I listen to myself. Life is short. Do what you want to do. Go for it.


Anyway, this is B. Nice signing off.  Follow my next adventure, My Point of View. Hopefully it's a round trip. Love, B. Nice

http://mypointofviewproject.wordpress.com







No comments:

Post a Comment