Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chapter 108 - June 25, 2013

Hi everybody. Welcome to Chapter 108. I'm gonna label this chapter "Man, I've got to get in shape!" and I'm going to dedicate it to my family.

Hi everyone. I hope you had a good week. My friend was reading me a few chapters and I remember Chapter 105. We were talking about my teacher, the one who taught me tae kwon do. I remember I was in amazing shape, probably the best shape of my life. The guy brought me to brown belt level. That's one step below a black belt. I'm gonna go off on a tangent here, a little lesson about tae kwon do. The white belt is the beginner and as time goes by, the belt gets dirtier and dirtier. In other words, you start out with white, and then it goes to yellow, and then green, and then brown, and then black. Hey, I was a brown and in good shape. Now my daughter comes up to me, grabs my belly and says, "Daddy, you're gonna have a baby." You see what I'm getting at? Man, I've got to get in shape! When you have a traumatic brain injury it's hard to do anything but sit in a wheel chair. I found a device called a "New Step." I talked about it before. I was in it for about an hour every day. It gives you an aerobic work out, without killing you. Anyway, the point is, you've got to keep working out. Don't use traumatic brain injury as an excuse to just sit around. You've got to keep working out. I may be over doing it. I work from 9 to 12, have lunch, take a nap until 2, and I work on my hands and balance until dinner. Remember, it's our job to get better. I keep repeating these things, but it's really important.

Boy, I'm really stuck for stories. I don't know what to tell you guys. One thing I really want to enforce, OK I'm gonna get my soap box out and make an announcement. You guys listen: You guys cannot use a cell phone and drive at the same time. I know you think, "Oh, I'll just make a quick call." Well, a quick call might land you in the hospital. Man if you could see what I saw, you wouldn't even bring the phone with you when you went on a drive. I saw some pretty horrible stuff. You can use your imagination, but I guarantee a lot of people I saw will never be the same. My friend here said, "It's easy to think, oh that won't happen to me." But like for example, I met an executive banker. She was on a conference call. She went from one party to the other. All she did was look down to change the call and next thing she new, she was in the hospital. So think about me. Don't pick up the phone while you're driving. That's my public service announcement for the day. It's a repeat from a few blogs back, but it's important.

OK, what's with all the dogs. I mean, the word must be out that I shake a lot. I guess the more I shake, the more I drop food. I've got every dog in the neighborhood hanging out with me on the porch. The next door neighbor's dog was over here the other day. And my sister's dogs came over here to hang out. It's like I'm Dr. Doolittle or something. I've got to get better, at least to get rid of the dogs. But you know, dogs played a real big part in me getting better. I remember, in the hospital, that would bring therapy dogs around all the time. I could have a hard time breathing., They would bring a dog over and I would immediately relax. They really work. I don't remember any of that, but my friends who where there said it worked.

OK, enough of the Traumatic Brain Injury stuff. Let's tell a couple of stories. I'll make it quick because my friend here has to go. You know what, I'm going to save my fashion confessions for next time. A bit of a teaser to keep the blog going. The teasers involve a topless girl, a church, some more sharks, an underwater eel, and an assistant using me as a shield. I hope you have a good week. Love you guys. Talk to you soon, B. Nice







No comments:

Post a Comment