Monday, June 17, 2013

Chapter 105 - June 3, 2013

Hey everybody. I'm gonna call this blog "A Little Motivation" and I'm gonna dedicate it to Dr. Death. Dr. Death was my tae kwon do instructor. The guy was quite the character. He drove a vintage red Ferrari. He was a hand to hand combat instructor at West Point. He was at one time the tae kwon do champion of the world and he was 80 years old. At one point he came over to me, and this was in the beginning mind you, he came over to me and he said, "Punch me in the stomach as hard as you can." I said, "No way, I'm not going to punch you in the stomach. You're 80 years old." He said, "Try to punch me right there," and he showed me where to punch him. I punched him a little bit in the stomach. He said to me, "You punch like a little girl. Punch me harder." So I punched him with all my force. It was like hitting a sandbag. He said, "You still punch like a little girl, now get to the back of the line. We'll have to work on that." I was in the best shape of my life during that class. I never did get in a fight.

The only time I felt compelled to use my talent was at a party. You see, I went to a party with my girlfriend. We kind of split up and worked the room, you know, talking to people. This guy started talking to my girlfriend and a few minutes later the same guy started talking to me. He was in the same business that I'm in so we talked for a while. After a few minutes he said, "Come on man, let's take some girls home. See that girl over there. We're going to have fun with her." And he pulled out a bottle of pills and showed me the pills. I said, "What the hell are you talking about? That's my girlfriend." The guy looked like a deer in the headlights, a deer that just got busted. The guy disappeared. He quickly left the party before I could express how I really felt. I should have taken the pills and made him eat them and dropped him naked on the West Side Highway.

Did you guys ever see that movie, "The Royal Tannenbaums"? You gotta check it out. It's an older movie, but it's exactly like the family I lived with in the early 80's. You see, the people that lived in the city came to one of my parent's parties and we started talking. They're real patrons of the arts. They found out I had no place to live in the city so they gladly opened their house up to me. They gave me an address where to go. I got to the address when I realized they forgot to put the apartment number down, then I realized they owned the whole freaking building. I rang the doorbell, went inside and all around the place there were french impressionism paintings and musical instruments. I was a side door room that had, you know, your average decorations like Goya paintings.


One night, I came home, I was the only one in the house. I went to bed, Oh, yeah, I'd been drinking, imagine that. I went to bed and all of a sudden I heard a noise. I got up, I looked down the stairs and I saw a flash light and heard some noises. I thought, "Oh my god! They're being burglarized!" So what did I do? I went and hid in the closet. I sat under some laundry and I thought, this is ridiculous. so I got up and went to the top of the stairs with a baseball bat and I waited. All of a sudden some guy came around the corner with a flashlight and a revolver. He pointed at me and he said, "Freeze. Drop the bat." And I dropped the bat. He started laughing. The guy was from the security company. I guess I tripped the alarm when I went to my bedroom. The house was heavily alarmed. Anyway, all the security guards started laughing at me because there I was in my underwear, wet, and the underwear wasn't wet from the shower. They all had a laugh. I told them I must have tripped the alarm. We started chatting. The head security guy said, "Man, I almost shot your cat." And I said, "What are you talking about." He said, "Yeah, I almost shot the cat and then I almost shot you." The cat was quiet and it would just come over to you and tap you on the ankle. Strange cat. Strange tenant. That's me.


You know, every time my friend comes over I forget what to talk about. It's kind of like getting a stage fright, so I'll just tell you what happened this week. And remember at the beginning of the blog I called the blog "A Little Motivation." Well, I called it that because the "Little" is my little one. You see, she came to visit me this weekend. She is my motivation. Probably why I stick around. Anyway, it's been 4 or 5 months since I've seen her, but she's so grown up, it's amazing. Kids grow up so quick. Either that or I'm getting old. Anyway, it was great to see her. It's almost like therapy. I was pretty exhausted by the time she left, but it was good to see her. Now it's back to work. I've been walking and each time it gets more fluid and easier. I've also been standing on the hour. It's good to get vertical whenever you can. My eyesight is also improving. My speech is getting better. I know this because my friend here has a hard time keeping up with me when I dictate and she types.


I've adjusted to the increase in medication. I'm not as tired as I was before. Overall, things are good. I've been getting ready for my trip across America. It sounds simple, you know, driving across America, but believe me, when you're like this, it's going to be tough. I mean, just trying to lay in bed is difficult. Taking pictures and going across America is going to be like an Olympic event. A month long Olympic event. I'm calling the trip, "My Point of View." Many of my friends are helping out. My friend here will include the link. (http://mypointofviewproject.wordpress.com). I hope you can check it out. Oh yeah, some other people were saying they can't get to the main page of my website. So I'll give it to you. It's www.helpbriannice.com. Make sure you do just that. If you don't do the "www" it won't work. You could always google Brian Nice and go to the blog. Anyway, that's it for this week. Love you guys. Oh yeah, Hi Lisa!~ Talk to you guys next week. Love, B. Nice









No comments:

Post a Comment