Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Chapter 85 - January 15, 2013

"Importation or exportation of drugs is punishable by death. Have a nice flight." That's what my boarding pass said. This is when I was taking a plane, a small plane, in Panang. In Malaysia. It was a time when I lived in Australia. It was sad because many Australians were hanged for drugs. They always had public service announcements on TV. Anyway, I went off on a bit of a tangent.

Hi everybody. Welcome to another week. I had my friend read me my previous blog and I came down a little heavy on the doctors I think. You know, they did save my life, huh. It's really not right to put them down. I just get frustrated. It's been about 3 to 4 years now. I get a little restless. I just want to be better - right now. I am getting better. It's just not fast enough. Hell, just this morning I was pulling out some stuff, and I was throwing out some old braces. You know, stuff I used before. It's a sign I'm getting better.

You know, when you're in this state, lying on your back for many years, you tend to think about things. OK, this is going to be my last public service announcement for this week. You tend to think about things, and I was thinking about my trip to Greenland. (See the previous blog about Greenland Chapter 54 - June 13, 2012). Anyway, you know, I was there for about two weeks, filming, and the more I talked to the locals, the more I realized how the Earth really is heating up. I mean, they're starting to plant gardens. It's crazy. And then I had a dream last night. Now, think about this: a small child has a temperature of what? 98.7 degrees? Well, if he heats up to what? 105? His brain starts to bake. That's just a few degrees difference. That's what's happening to our Earth right now. It's heating up a few degrees but it's a huge tipping point. I mean, come on. Look at the storms we're having. It's crazy. My friend in Australia called me. It's been over 100 degrees for a week. Here it's the middle of January and it's almost 60 degrees outside. Crazy. Anyway, sorry to bore you with all that stuff, but if you don't believe in global warming now, you're an idiot.

Sorry, I'm just a little feisty today. As if you couldn't tell. It's so bizarre. I can feel where they held my head down from surgery. I guess I have some nerve damage around my head, around my face. It's kind of like wearing a full facial motorcycle helmet that's way too small for you. Very tight and very unpleasant. I've been like this for about 3 years, but some days it's stronger than others. I may as well tell you my full condition now, cause it's a good benchmark for me to look back at. The right side of my body is still compromised, but getting better. I now have probably 75% feeling in my hands and my feet. My speaking is getting a little better, but my voice still cracks. I sound like I'm going through puberty again. Maybe I am! My vision is still shaky and double, but it seems to be getting better. Overall, there's improvement, but it's just not fast enough. I have to be patient.

My friend here went through some of my old books, my old journals. It triggered memory of a dream I had last night, except when I woke up, I thought, "Well that was a nice visit with my parents. I'm looking forward to driving home and having a quick surf before sunset." And then reality sets in. I'm gonna include some photos of the house as I was building. It was my dream house. But, you know what, nothing lasts forever. It will always be my dream house though.






You know, I think I'll tell some random stories, things that happened to me in the past. These are things I would think about as I was lying on my back in the hospital.

I used to travel to Australia first class all the time. It was great. I used to buy mileage from certain people. It was legal, but the airlines didn't honor the tickets. If they caught you buying mileage they would rip up the tickets. Well, this happened to me. I got to the airport. They said, "Oh, Mr. Nice. We've been expecting you." I said, "What? Another bottle of champagne?" They said, "No, can I see your tickets please?" I handed the ticket agent my first class tickets. She smiled and ripped them up. I kind of freaked out. She said, "these are no good. If you'd like to buy some tickets to Australia, you're more than welcome. It's $6000. Please get to the back of the line." Well, I freaked out even more. I said, I'll be right back. I called the guy who I bought the tickets from and we kind of straightened everything out. I got 2 economy tickets to Australia. I didn't have to pay anything more. It's all a whole other story.

After my first divorce, I really didn't know what to do. I thought, well, I gotta get a place to live. So I got a great loft in New York. People in my industry were starting to talk. I got a divorce from a woman. I got a loft on Christopher Street in New York. I got a roommate, a French man. You got the picture. But, no, I'm straight. It was interesting though, having a roommate, after being married. It's a little adjustment. Interesting, but actually, a big adjustment. Boy have I got some stories, but I won't go into that.

You know, after going through all this, you realize, you never know where life is going to take you. Hell, I thought I had it all worked out. But, things change I guess. And you have to adapt to the changes. We think we got it all figured out, but you never know what's around the corner. I will say this though, I strongly advise you get a disability insurance. Also, take out life insurance and make sure you do a living will. It's all a bit boring, but hell, I never thought I'd need this stuff. But, it's strongly advisable you get it all. After going through all this, I would get a disability policy that kicks in after 6 months. This will save you some money. And then have a 6 month savings cushion if you can do it. Life insurance is important. If you just get a term policy, that's good enough. And have a point person that will make decisions for you if you can't. That's very important. Research doctors at hospitals now, while you're healthy. Just be prepared, I guess. You never think it will happen to you, but you never know.

Well, that's about it for this week. I look forward to sitting in the cafe one day. You guys go out and have a coffee. Oh, yeah, that reminds me. I was out having a coffee with a friend of mine once. He's an artist. We were in Paris. We were bitching about our agents or something. He said, "Hey mate, have a look over there. I'm not going to bitch anymore." There was a girl drinking an espresso and lighting a cigarette with her feet. She had no arms at all. She was doing everything with her feet. He said, "I'm never going to bitch again." Anyway, think about that. I'll talk to you guys next week. My friend here will include some pictures from my journals and the link to my next project. Have a good one. Love, B. Nice

P.S. I want to say happy birthday to Samantha. I didn't get a chance to say happy birthday last week.

https://mypointofviewproject.wordpress.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment