Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chapter 78 - November 27, 2012

Hi Everybody. Another week goes by. They all seem to be the same and blend together. It all gets a bit monotonous. People often say, "Hey, how ya doing?" I always say, "I've felt better. But I've felt worse as well." Ha. Remember, when you're in a bad way, think of something real good. I always do. The first thing I think of is when my little one was born. I was there in the delivery room. She came out from behind a sheet. They suctioned out her nose and her mouth, and then she opened her eyes and I said, "Welcome!" and she smiled. Then, I think about things like a crimson sunrise on the top of Ayers Rock in Australia. You see the sun warms up the rock at sunrise and the hot air rises and all the air from around the desert comes rushing in to fill the void. It creates its own windstorm at sunrise. It's pretty cool, especially on Christmas morning. I've witnessed things in New Guinea. Two tribes have been fighting for 200 years. They decided to make peace with each other. It was a great party. I've seen countless sunrises while surfing. I could go on and on. The point is, think of something really good to get you through rough stuff. Or you could think of other things to keep your mind preoccupied. I often would think about things that scared the shit out of me. For example, once I was coming back to my apartment. Oh yeah, I was walking with a girl I was kind of having an innocent flirtation with. Anyway, we were walking back to my apartment in Paris, and she stopped on the corner. I said, "What's wrong." She said, "Oh my god, see that big car over there?" I said "Yeah. That big Mercedes with all the cigarettes outside the passenger window?" She said "Yeah, that's my husband's car." I said, "Your HUSBAND? You didn't tell me you had a husband." She said, "You never asked." I said, "Well, thanks a lot. What does your husband do?" She said, "Oh, he's in french construction." I saw a pair of concrete boots in my future. Anyway, that relationship obviously didn't go on past that. Other things that scared the shit out of me was ghosts. You guys believe in ghosts? I don't know if a ghost really exists or what, but the following happened to me.



You know, we travel a lot in our business. We're always going somewhere new. Anyway, I used to shoot in Charleston a lot. I would stay in an old hotel. We got in kind of late one time. I went to my room and when I walked in I didn't like it immediately. Something was not right. Anyway, I put down my bag and went out to grab a bite with the crew. After dinner I came back and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night. I was on my back and there was pressure on my chest. Remember this all happened really quick. Anyway, I felt pressure on my chest and felt like there were knees on ether side of my knees. There were two hands by my ears and there was something or someone face to face with me growling. It wasn't happy, whatever it was. And I said, Well, I'm just having a nightmare so I'll wake up and move. I tried and tried to get up but I couldn't. I finally yelled, "Get the fuck off of me," and whatever it was holding me down vanished. Well, I sat up and I thought, well that was a pretty heavy nightmare so I lay down to go to sleep and as I was drifting off to sleep, I felt the edge of my bed sink down like someone was sitting on my bed. I got up and said, "OK, that's it!" And I grabbed my stuff, went down to the front desk in my pajamas at 3 in the morning, and explained to the guy at the front desk what just happened. He looked at me, looked at my key and he said, "OK," put the key down, got me a key for another room in the new section of the hotel. He said, you'll be much more comfortable over in the new section. And I was.


The following story took place in upstate NY. We were shooting at a really nice house but we had to stay in a not so nice hotel. Anyway, I was going to sleep in my room and it felt like a dog was going back and forth rubbing its body against the bed. I thought to myself, dammit, my assistants put a dog in my room. I was convinced there was a dog in my room. I turned on the light and there was no dog. I was thinking, well, that was really real. That felt real. I thought, well, I'm just having a nightmare. So I turned off the light and drifted off to sleep. Well, as I'm drifting off to sleep, I got the same feeling of a dog rubbing up against the bed, then whatever it was jumped on the bed, jumped over me and jumped through the wall. I sat up, turned on the light and thought, man, I've got to stop drinking. Well the next morning I overheard one of the models talking to the hairdresser. She said she had a strange dream of a dog coming out of the wall jumping on to her bed and jumping through another wall. I said oh my god, what room are you in? It was the room right next to mine.

I've got plenty of ghost stories. I could go on. I'll tell one more. I was staying at an old inn. It was in Maine. The room I had was really nice. Really big. Anyway, I was going to sleep when all of a sudden I felt a draft come over my head, forehead and swirl around my chest. I got up turned on the light looked outside. It was dead still. There were no windows open. There was no AC unit around me. It was a strong wind. Well, I called downstairs and they said to me, "Oh, that's Mrs. So and So. She hasn't been reported in a while. She must like you." And they started laughing. I started laughing very nervously. But I packed my pack went down to the front desk and said to them, "Where are my assistants staying?" They described the house. Well I went there and said, "Let me in you guys." I slept on the couch.

I've got plenty of ghost stories. But one of the most important things that happened to me was I met a very special lady in Paris. It was my girlfriend's friend. You see, she was very talented. She had the ability to help people. She was gifted. I don't know how to describe it. You could say she was a clairvoyant, or an intuitive, or whatever. I don't know how to describe her, but she was cool. Anyway, I went over there to say hi, have some wine. She described to me what she does and she said to me, "What do you want to know?" And I thought, my god what do I want to know? That's like being a little kid in a toy store. I said, well, I don't know. What am I going to be doing in a few years. She said, "Oh, that's easy. Well you're going to have a new dog. You're going to build a house by the ocean. You're going to be a successful photographer." My girlfriend at the time, she said, "What? we're going to live by the sea?" And the woman said to her, "Honey, it's not you." Ha, well, that was the end of that relationship. The bottom line is, there's something out there. I don't know what it is. Energy. Good imagination. I don't know. All I know is there is something out there. Oh yeah, she also said to me, "Brian, in ten years you re going to be admitted to the hospital. You'll almost die, but you'll make it." Pretty wild huh? Was it a self fulling prophecy? I don't know, but she saw it coming. So the moral of the story is, never ever think of someone naked. On a more important note, I'd like to say, always follow your intuition. That's the most important thing I got out of my meeting with that woman. And you should always follow your intuition. My friend here will include some drawings I did in the past. She'll also include the link to my next project. It'll be next year. Talk to you next week. Love, B. Nice








No comments:

Post a Comment