Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chapter 76 - November 14, 2012

This is an unprecedented event. My friend and I are going to post another blog this week. Amazing huh? Anyway, we're going to post another blog because I'm taking care of some legal stuff right now and she is helping me. You see, when you have traumatic brain injury, it doesn't mean you're normal life is put on hold. You still gotta deal with everyday shit. It makes things real tough. It's not easy, but I get through it. I want to reinforce that stress is not good for you right now, if you have traumatic brain injury. Anyway, I wanted to tell some stories because it'll get my mind off the day.

Oh, I forgot to say, Hi Everybody! I want to dedicate this blog to all my friends that have helped me. It helps a lot to have so much support. I can't list them all. Many of you have emailed me. because of the way I am I can't email you back, but I read each and every email and I appreciate your support and your love.

Now I'm going to go back to telling a few stories. They're random stories.

A good friend of mine used to have awesome fishing boat. It was a time when I lived in Montauk, New York. He would often go off shore to fish for tuna. Sometimes he'd call me up and invite me on a fishing trip. Anyway, we would catch a lot of really good fish. I wasn't into fishing so I drove the boat and drank the beer. One day we were about a hundred miles off shore. I said to my friend, "I'm going to go for a swim." He said, "Not a good idea." I said, "Why what's the big deal?" He said, "Trust me. You don't want to swim out here." So I went back to driving the boat. Well, everyone started catching tuna. They were a good 70 pounds. They all caught one except for me. And they said, "Brian, come on, you gotta catch one. Come on give it a try." I reluctantly said OK, I got in the chair and they gave me a pole and I got one on the line. It was another 70 pound tuna. I started to reel it in. It was really fighting. I got it close to the boat when all of a sudden a white mini van came out of the water. No, it wasn't a mini van, it was a huge mako shark and had its mouth wide open. It ate my fish in one gulp. I reeled in an eye and some lips. My friend said, "See, that's why you don't swim from the boat out here." I went back to driving the boat. Oh, yeah, and had a beer. It was crazy.

I'll tell one more random story. When I was a kid, I had a good friend that I played with. The house I lived in with my family was a big old federal house. Anyway, it was around during the revolutionary war. My friend and I were in the back yard playing when all of a sudden the guy who was cutting the lawn got his tractor stuck. We helped him pull it out of the lawn. We cleared the grass away, we found a door. We cleared more grass away, opened the door and there was a big pit that went down around 10 feet. I went and got my dad. We determined from the mortar that it was built a long long time ago. There were many munitions storage in the area during the revolutionary war so my friend and I thought we found one. When we both got down to the bottom with a ladder, we started digging and found another door. There wasn't enough room for both of us so my friend said, "Please, please let me open the door. It would be so cool." So I said OK. I went up the ladder and lowered a crowbar down to him. he tried with all his strength to open the door. He finally got it open and I hear a big whoosh some gas escaping, then I heard him scream, "Oh, my God," and a geyser of shit came up. It covered the ladder, he crawled up the ladder screaming. He was covered in shit and toilet paper. We had discovered the septic system. My father wasn't very happy. Anyway, that's it for now. I gotta get back to life. My friend here will include some more cartoons and a link to my project. Talk to you next week. Love, B. Nice





https://mypointofviewproject.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. may the legal shit pass, near Thanksgiving! never will forget that first monster turkey - too big for the oven deed the world bird that we were too drunk to eat by the time it was cooked. maybe we nibbled at a leg! love Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should say feed not deed........

    ReplyDelete