Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chapter 42 - March 20, 2012

Happy Spring everybody! and happy birthday to my friend Tim who's out there somewhere!

OK, so I'm going to pull out my soap box and megaphone and I'm going to preach a little bit.  This has to do with a flashback I had.  It involves being at the rehabilitation hospital.  You see, there were a lot of young kids who had been on their cell phone, either talking or texting.  Now, I don't want to see any of you texting or using the phone while driving.  I saw some pretty horrible stuff.  There was one girl, you ready for this?  This one girl, they had removed part of her skull and surgically put in her belly for safekeeping while they worked on her brain.  I would have breakfast with her every morning.  There was the same conversation over and over and over again.  She had no memory.  She was happy, but pretty messed up.  That was from one cell phone call.  You think it was worth it?  I don't think so.  Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you.  Don't get distracted while you're driving.  Remember you are a glance away from disfigurement or death.  Anyway, I just thought I'd share that with you.  Don't get distracted and drive.

I had a nice dream the other night.  I was sitting at a table.  It was a simple wood kitchen table.  The morning sunlight was streaming in through big windows.  In the middle of the table was a glass of water and the sunlight was passing through it.  Because of my condition, I was forced to sit there and stare at it.  No matter what angle you looked at it, it was beautiful.  It was beautiful and yet, if you were normal, and running out the door, you'd go right past it.  I guess what I'm saying is my condition has forced me to slow down and really look at things, really appreciate.

The other thing I really appreciate as well is the fact that my daughter came to visit me.  It really makes my month.  It reminds me why I keep fighting to get normal.  It was great to have her here.  She's growing up and you can actually have a conversation with her now.  She's 25.  Just kidding.  She's a little one.  Anyway, it was great to have her here.  Other than that, it's been the same old routine.  Just working at getting better.  I've been spending more time up in my sister's theraputic riding center.  It's fairly ironic that she started a theraputic riding center right when I needed therapy.  The horses are great for the soul.  I'd like to just hang out with them.  It's a great project she has.  I wish I could help her more.  When I get better, I'll try and help more.  If there's anyone out there with some spare time (ha ha) or ideas, let me know.  It's an hour from New York, and it's in a beautiful location.

My friend here just asked if I had taken pictures there, and no I haven't, but I plan on it.  At the moment, they have a website.  www.myfeettakewings.org  If you have time, just google it.

My other project I've been working on is my cross country trip.  I plan on going across America and doing landscapes.  I'll show the world how I see things.  It's pretty wild.  I'll keep you posted.  Oh yeah, a guy came with a van the other day, a demo.  A van similar to the type I'd take across country.  It was pretty exciting.  I can't buy a home, but I can buy a car.

Other than the unusually hot days, the random forest fires, the wild bees, everything has been really normal.  My friend here said I'm getting used to a normal life.  I'll never get used to normal.  Have a good week.  All the best, B. Nice

P.S.  I included a photo of me at therapy.  How much do you think this piece of metal cost?  Send me your guesses.  You won't believe it when I tell you.


1 comment: