Friday, December 14, 2012

Chapter 80 - December 11, 2012

Wow! Chapter 80! My friend here and I have been doing this for a while. Pretty cool. I hope it really does help someone out there with traumatic brain injury. That's why I'm doing it. Anyway, this past week, my sister had a party at her therapy stable. It was a party for all her volunteers. Nice party. Anyway, I was talking to one of the volunteers and she said she follows the blog from time to time. She said to me, "I didn't know you have a sense of humor like you do." I wasn't sure how to take that, but I guess it's good. You know when you go through something like this, TBI, you have to have a sense of humor. You have to laugh about it. Have a laugh. You know, I was thinking some really depressing stuff. I've seen death. I've heard death. I've saved people from death, and I've fought off death many times. The point is, you gotta make fun of it all. Make light of it all. I guess that's how I deal with everything.

I was going through my previous blogs and toward the end I kept using the word "was" about a good friend. Like, he 'was' a good friend. I should change that to is, because it could sound like the guy's not around anymore. He's around, and he is a good friend. I have another friend that I could use was about. He's not with us anymore. He was a good friend. One day I came into his room and he had a really nice Samsonite suitcase on his bed. I looked a little closer and the whole damn thing was filled with weed. Not a good look, especially when he's in my apartment in Sydney, Australia. I said, "Get that thing out of here, are you crazy?" I said, "What are you doing with that thing in my apartment? You have to get out of here and take that suitcase with you." The guy was an interesting guy. Talk about a stoner though. One day, he came back to my apartment in Sydney, Australia. I used to live in a big apartment building right on the beach. All the apartments looked at the sea. Anyway, he went to my door, opened up the apartment door, sat down, turned on the television, went to the fridge, got a beer, sat down, started going through magazines, went to the bathroom, and as he was peeing he saw a big jar of Vaseline, then he saw a big dildo, and some other sex toys. He thought to himself, man, Brian is into some rally kinky stuff. Then he went into the bedroom and started looking around more. Then he thought to himself, wait a minute, this isn't Brian's apartment, looked around some more, and thought this is definitely not Brian's place. Then he went to the front desk and found the right apartment. A year later, I was in the new apartment, he went to meet me at my apartment, walked in because the door was open, grabbed a beer out of the fridge, sat down, started to watch some telly, and then all of a sudden a woman walked in with some groceries. It wasn't Brian's wife he thought. Well the woman dropped all of her groceries and just started screaming. He was all confused. Started looking for windows doors, anything to get out. She started to try and beat him. He ran outside screaming. I came home to a scene of chaos. He walked into the wrong apartment again. Great guy though. I would always have fun with him.

Today I went to to the Mall to do some Christmas shopping with my mom. We also stopped by the phone store because my phone was trashed. I got very frustrated, in fact, I'm still frustrated. It was kind of like a marker for me 'cause I was there a year ago. I thought by now I'd be much better, you know, walking and stuff, but my advances are so subtle, it's all so frustrating. I have to practice what I preach and stay positive. My friend here typing this reminded me that I couldn't even sit up straight a year ago, so I guess, yeah, I'm getting better, but it's so damn slow. 

One good thing that happened to me this week was that I crawled a little bit. I was able to do this for a couple of reasons. One of them is I'm getting my strength back, strength through training is so important. When you're like this, go to the gym as often as you can. You've got to get your strength back. Next thing I have to work on is my balance cause my balance is a bit off right now. You know, eventually, your insurance and your therapy will stop, but you still need to train. Just because your insurance stops doesn't mean you should stop training. You're going to have to do a lot of it on your own. I'm kind of there at the moment. I do a lot of stuff on my own. It takes a lot of self determination. You really have to keep at it. It works. You know you put the effort in, you get positive results.

You know, I spend most of my day just sitting in my wheelchair. I guess you'd call it meditation. I guess I'm doing what most people try to achieve. Peace. What a high price to pay to get to this level. Anyway, my friend here will include some cartoons I did in the past and the link to my next adventure. Talk to you next week. Love, B. Nice

P.S. One last thing:  what do you think of this? I'm thinking of starting a new business. It's called, "I'm With Him..." I notice when you're in a wheelchair, it opens up a whole new world. I get greater parking, great seats at restaurants, great service when I travel, it's really easy to talk to girls. I've got some really good pick up lines. The point is, I could open up a whole world to someone that's with me! In other words, I could hire myself out. Just another crazy thought. Of course I'm just kidding...right?







No comments:

Post a Comment