Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chapter 45 - April 17, 2012

 
From first class, they would not have let her pass.  Get out of the way, I don't care, my friend is back there, she said in a heavy french accent.  She had 2 ice cream sundaes and a bottle of champagne.

A few years ago, I was catching a flight from Paris to New York.  As I was boarding the flight, I went through first class and I saw a model I worked with in Mystique.  We had done a shoot for British Elle together.  She was at the time one of the top models in the world.  A real beautiful girl.  She was basically a real Lolita.  A young girl in a young woman's body.  She had no idea what she did to men.  Either she had no idea or she didn't care.  Either way, it was always amusing.  I once saw a pilot almost crash his plane into a fuel tank as he was taxiing his aircraft to the hanger.  He saw her and couldn't take his eyes off of her.  Almost blew up the whole damn airplane.  She was sitting there in her midriff top, her mini skirt, her little white socks and her black patent leather high healed shoes, saying, "What did I do?"  I just rolled my eyes.  I'm sorry, I went off on a bit of a tangent there.  Going back to the flight, shortly after take off, I heard a commotion, remember this was way before September 11.  Anyway, I heard a commotion in first class.  I look up and my friend had 2 ice cream sundaes and a bottle of champagne.  She pushed past the flight attendant, by the way, who had a huge stick up her ass and a big chip on her shoulder.  She pushed past her to come back to see me.  There was an empty seat next to me so she sat down with me in cattle class.  It was a good flight.  And, by the way, apparently ice cream and champagne will make the flight a lot easier.  That and a good friend to talk to.

Anyway, that was then.  And now, I can tell what an ant feels like in honey.  I'm a mess.  It's moments like when I met my friend that I would try to remember to get me through the hard times.  You see, now I'm trying to do a lot of things on my own.  I'm so tired of my Aides helping me get dressed, eat, etc.  I tried to remove my covers this morning.  They felt like lead.  It was hard to move, but I keep trying.  It's important to keep working.

One thing I forgot to mention was the fact that I took a swallow test the other day.  They basically test you to make sure you're not aspirating, which is swallowing liquid into your lungs.  They do the test with an x-ray machine.  It's a complicated test, but I passed, and I'm cleared to drink something as simple as water.  That's a big victory for me.  And makes me very very happy.  I can have my coffee in the morning without bananas.  I never appreciated the simple things like drinking a glass of water, but when it's taken from you, believe me, you appreciate it when you get it back.

Speaking of appreciation, I appreciate doing this blog with my friend.  She said I'm speaking faster so it's harder to keep up with me doing her typing.  That's also progress.  I guess it's kind of like therapy, too.  I also appreciate doing artwork with my father.  It's fun to do art.  I'll include some of it at the end this blog to show you.  I also appreciate cooking with my mother.  We spend a lot of time in the kitchen.  I really can't cook, but I can be the sous-chef, ha ha.  One of my favorite things to do is make bread.  I can knead the dough.  It's really good for me.

This week has been full of ups and downs.  What else is new?  Well, for one thing, I went to a class with my computer.  It was a communication device.  It basically gave me a mini seizure, or an aura.  It kind of set me back a few days.  After you have something like this, an aura, you get really tired.  It really wipes you out.  But I carry on and do therapy as best I can.  I spoke to my neurologist again, and he said the same thing.  You see, I'm special.  My situation is so rare, there is no benchmark.  Like I said before, I just suck it up and carry on with therapy.

The weather has been amazing.  And my parents finished their porch.  It's great for walking.  You see, I have a device called an "Up and Go."  It helps me to walk.  It's great to try and take little walks on the porch.  I used to dream of days like today when I was in intensive care.  I wish I could package the day and open it up later in February, ha.  Walking on the porch and doing water therapy have been huge huge steps forward for me.  The water therapy has been amazing.  They basically teach you how to walk in water.  It feels great.

Well, that's about it for now.  Remember, if you're worried about relationships, money, work, you know, all that stuff, if all that worries you, just go and have brain surgery twice.  It'll get your mind off of all your worries.  No pun intended.  That's all for now.  I'll blog with you guys next week.  Love, B. Nice


2 comments:

  1. Brian,
    You look great! just little by little like you said its a Marathon ,and we all here to run with you.
    I love these painting!
    All my best to you man.
    Kazuya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brian,
    Sending you all my love from the other side of the Atlantic. Wish I lived closer so I could visit. As Kazuya says, the paintings are great.
    Karena X

    ReplyDelete