Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chapter 33 - January 17, 2012


Hi everyone.  Well, I said this before, but I’ll say it again.  I really believe my whole life has gotten me ready for this moment in my life. You see, I had a very full and interesting life. My parents took me out of school.  I traveled around the world.  I lived in Australia, Paris, New York City.  I built my dream house upon the cliff of Montauk in front of where I surfed.  I ran across America. I held several track records. I’ve survived plane accidents, car accidents.  I was hunted by warriors in New Guinea.  I was married twice. I got divorced twice. That was worse than the warriors, heh. I was a fashion photographer, traveled the world, met some really interesting people, etc., etc.  I could go on and on.  The point is, this all got me ready for here and now.  This is the toughest thing I’ve ever had to go through, and I think I’ve made it so far because of how I grew up. Anyway, that’s my thought for the week.  My profound thought.

So to give you an update:  I had some auras that are a warning to a seizure, so they increased my seizure medicine.  It’s just a slight adjustment, but anytime you change your medication, you feel it.  I’m also on antibiotics because of a bad cold I got.  All this new medicine makes me feel weird, not to mention the cold.  It’s been another tough week, but what are you gonna do. Huh? Just suck it up and keep going forward.  Remember, one day at a time.

I’ve been thinking, you see, you tend to do a lot of thinking when you sit around on the porch or by the fire.  I’ve been thinking that it’s really important to look after each other.  Right now, my parents look after me.  It’s important because one day will come when they will need someone to look after them.  You have to take care of each other.  Very important.  Then, the other thing I thought was, I think they should have nothing but good news on TV.  I’m just so sick of watching bad news.  Can you imagine, if we turn on the TV and see puppies and kittens, backlit in a field of clover and flowers, nice music.  You get the idea. Good news. I remember, I was photographing a very famous news anchor and he seemed really sad as he looked at his laptop.  I said, what’s wrong, you seem so sad.  He said, Oh, it’s a bad day for news.”  And I was like, what do you mean.  What happened?  And he said, “Nothing happened.  That’s the point.  Nothing bad happened.”  What a drag to think like that all the time.  So negative.  So remember, stay positive.

Oh, I just saw the space where I’m due to have a photographic show.  It’s a nice gallery.  Good light.  I’m really looking forward to putting the show together.  It’s really important to have something to look forward to.  It keeps your mind occupied. Something to think about, other than therapy. The other good news was my friend who’s an electrical engineer came by.  We picked out a hybrid car to buy and a trailer.  He’ll come with me on the trip across America.  I’m trying to get a grant to fund the whole project.  It would be good advertising for someone.  Anyone out there know somebody?  Just a thought.  Hey you never know. Just had to ask. I’m going to do it either way.

One thing I’d like to say is that Music has been so important for me.  When I have some down time, I listen to my music.  I’ve been lucky enough to keep my hearing.  I got really depressed the other day because there’s still a lot of things I can’t do and I was really sad, but my mom reminded me when you’re sad, think about the things you can do, and I thought that’s a really good idea.  You see, I can reason, I can think, I can move my hands, my feet, I’m getting better.  I can now feed myself.  It continues to get better and when I started thinking about the small things I can do, like swallow liquid, very simple things, but I get really happy.  So don’t think about things you can’t do.  Think about the things you can do and it’ll make you happy.  I never realized how lucky I was.  I did some amazing things like windsurfing in Hawaii in the open ocean.  Nothing like it.  Total freedom.  I’ll be back there one day.

See you guys next week.  B. Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment