Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chapter 30 – December 13, 2011

I remember what Winston Churchill once said, “When you’re going through Hell, keep
going.” That’s my mantra.

My cousin suggested I break this down into operations, etc. But, I have a hard time
remembering everything. It all blends together. The first operation on my brain. The
second operation on my brain. They all blend together. One thing for sure is, the second
operation was more invasive. My life right now is difficult.

I am making progress and I am getting better, but it’s very slow. They have me walking
in therapy, but they are starting to limit my time there. It seems I’ve met the goals they
set forward. All insurance stuff. You have to make sure you know how to work the
system. Make your own goal. Take charge. Make sure you’ll get as much therapy as
you can get. It seems like the system is like a cookie cutter. They try to bunch everyone
up. Each person is different. I need more than average help. I’ll keep fighting for
therapy cause it does help me. Bottom line is, don’t take no for an answer. Fight for
your right to have therapy and get better.

Sometimes I’m glad I didn’t know then what I know now. If I knew how hard this was
going to be, I don’t think I would have survived. I would have possibly given up hope.
Who knows?

My friend just asked me what keeps me going now. I guess I would have to say, my little
one, and my love for photography. And the prospect of getting better. I do get bummed
though. I see some people that will never ever get better. They’ve been severely
cognitively and physically damaged. Ignorance is bliss. They’re not aware of how bad
they are. As a matter of fact, they seem happy. I just feel bad for them. I differentiate
myself from them, but I do sympathize with them. I just got a little lucky, that’s all.

Let’s see, my profound thought of the week would be: Ignorance is bliss.

Sometimes it’s better not to be aware of what’s really going on. I always hear my
grandmother’s voice saying, “Don’t borrow trouble.” Talk to you next week. B. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment